How well your ARCHICAD functions depends on a number of factors, not in the least which combination of operating system and ARCHICAD you are using.
We generally recommend to avoid upgrading to the latest OS X version, and for now keep with 10.10 a.k.a. Yosemite.
However, in any case it is a good idea to always have the latest hotfix installed to cure most issues.
Additionally, if you are still using ARCHICAD 18 and you have a computer with Retina display, ensure you open ARCHICAD in low resolution mode:
- close ARCHICAD
- locate ArchiCAD.app in Applications > GRAPHISOFT > ArchiCAD xx folder
- select the application
- from the context menu choose Get Info
- check Open in Low Resolution
- While you’re here, also tick Prevent App Nap (This is recommended for any version of ARCHICAD!)
You can further speed up ARCHICAD by:
- Navigate toARCHICAD > Work Environment > Advanced Redraw Options
- Set 2D Drawing Hardware Acceleration to Full