If you are setting up VPN on your mac for the first time, here are some steps to go through:
- Install the VPN Profile that you received;
- Click on the Apple logo (on top left) > System Preferences > Network
- Select the VPN connection from the sidebar and check “show VPN status in menu bar”. Click “Apply”.
- After the above you can access the VPN settings directly via the Desktop menu bar (top right, next to the Time & Date display) whenever you need to establish a VPN connection.
- When prompted to enter your name and password, use your regular server login credentials unless other details have been provided.
- Upon successful connection, a counter on right side of VPN icon will be displayed – see above Tip.
- To connect to your File Server use the shortcut in the BEACON dropdown menu and enter your server login credentials when prompted.