Design Technology Manager
macinteract specialises in providing IT Management, Building Information Modelling support and Computer Aided Design Training to a growing number of designers and architects in Sydney and around Australia.
Predominantly operating on an Apple hardware and Software environment we offer strategic planning, implementation and on-going support in all aspects of our clients hardware and software needs. As a team of IT specialists with backgrounds in the design professions, we also have a specialist focus in CAD Design software support – especially Archicad, SketchUp and Vectorworks.
We are looking for a dedicated and highly skilled professional to join our small team of IT focused design professionals. You’ll be working across any or all of the above key specialties, dependant on your abilities and experience, and opportunity exists to expand your skill set across all these fields.
You would be working with some of the best Architectural and design practices in Australia, in both an on-site and remote management capacity, liasing directly with our clients and their staff.
The ideal candidate will have.
- The ability to work reliably, proactively and independently
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing as you will be interacting directly with our clients often in a ‘one on one’ capacity.
- An interest in learning new skills and expanding their horizons
It would be beneficial to have..
- Experience in providing technical support and training for Apple products and AEC Software – this may be within a design office environment.
- Experience working on Architectural, Interior or other design discipline software ideally on the Apple platform.
- Formal Architectural or other design discipline training or qualifications.
- Apple Technical qualifications or experience e.g. OSX Server, ACSP, etc
- experience in coding of scripting in GDL, HTML, CSS or UNIX Shell
- experience with either Deploystudio, Munki, Reposado, Casper, etc.
- Experience in training small groups in CAD or other software.
We have a unique range of operational and business needs. Whether you are an Architect or Designer looking to diversify as a Design Technology manager, or an IT Specialist with an interest in the design industry, macinteract are keen to create a role that supports your unique skill set and compliments our existing team.